RS Components' DesignSpark Mechanical 3D CAD modelling softw
HONG KONG, Aug. 18, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- RS Components (RS), a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc (LSE: ECM), a global omni-channel solutions partner for industrial customers and suppliers, has unveiled the latest version of DesignSpark Mechanical, the free-for-download 3D CAD modelling software. Version 5.0 offers new features, enhancements and customisation options that have been developed following users' feedback. The new release coincides with the 10-year anniversary of DesignSpark.
Developed in conjunction with Ansys Inc, the leading provider of flexible and affordable 3D modelling software for engineers, DesignSpark Mechanical uses direct modelling technology rather than the parametric methods used by traditional CAD software, enabling users to rapidly prototype or reverse engineer any physical object. When combined with DesignSpark Mechanical's highly intuitive functionality, this can enable a user to graduate from novice to CAD expert within a matter of hours, as only a few basic functions within the tool are required to add or directly modify existing model geometry.
Key features of Version 5.0 include:
- Equations tool - sketch complex curves
- Constraint-based sketching and dedicated 3D sketch mode
- Measure tab with geometry analysis and quality check tools
- Custom views, saving new perspectives of a design for quick access
- Custom rendering - adjust faceting per-body or full design to achieve better surface finish and optimise for better performance on hardware
- Customisable shortcuts - access any tool in DSM with one click
- Enhanced shading - display objects with shading when exposed to ambient lighting like in real life
- Flythrough camera mode
DesignSpark Mechanical features built-in help text and Quick Guide tutorials, example designs, and access to a 3D catalogue allowing the rapid insertion of tens of thousands of 3D models from leading component manufacturers.
"Since first launching DesignSpark Mechanical in 2013, we have been committed to providing engineers with free resources that enable them to rapidly develop prototypes in the product concept design stage," said Mike Bray, Group VP Innovation and DesignSpark. "This latest upgrade further enhances the software and provides an even better user experience that reflects the changing needs of engineers."
Version 5.0 of DesignSpark Mechanical is available to download for free personal and commercial use at: www.designspark.com/mechanical.
SOURCE RS Components